Rowdy by Jay Crownover

Audio, 11 pages
Release Date: October 21, 2015
Published by: HarperAudio
Marked Men, #5
Source: Library
For fans of: Hot tattooed, literary guys, romance, thrillers, plot twists, companion novels


      The New York Times and USA Today bestselling Marked Men series continues with this sizzling, sexy story of love, heartbreak, fate, and second chances.
     After the only girl he ever loved told him that he would never be enough, Rowdy St. James knocked the Texas dust off his boots and set out to live up to his nickname. A good ol’ boy looking for good times and good friends, Rowdy refuses to take anything too seriously, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. Burned by love once, he isn’t going to let himself trust a woman again. But that’s before his new co-worker arrives, a ghost from the past who’s suddenly making him question every lesson he ever learned.
     Salem Cruz grew up in house with too many rules and too little fun—a world of unhappiness she couldn’t wait to forget. But one nice thing from childhood has stayed with her; the memory of the sweet, blue-eyed boy next door who’d been head over heels in love with her little sister.
     Now, fate and an old friend have brought her and Rowdy together, and Salem is determined to show him that once upon a time he picked the wrong sister. A mission that is working perfectly—until the one person that ties them together appears, threatening to tear them apart for good.

BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers  as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I was so excited to finally get to Rowdy's story because he's been my favorite Marked Man since Jet. Needless to say, it did NOT disappoint. Well the story didn't. In other ways I kind of got angry, but it had nothing to do with the plot or writing style.
     I think if I had read this I would have given it five stars. But because I listened to it on audio, I had to knock off one of them. Why you ask? I HATED the narrator for Salem. She read SSSSSOOOOOOO SLLLOOOWWWW and even with me speeding it up on my Overdrive app, I still felt like she was going so slow. It felt like it took me forever to listen to that book. Now for the person who did Rowdy, I love that he sounded like the Rowdy from the previous books. I would've been upset if they changed his voice too much. 
     As for everything else, I was satisfied. I loved Salem and Rowdy's relationship and I loved how intense Rowdy was. It seemed odd because he wasn't ever serious about anyone before, but then she comes and changes him into this huge soft teddy bear. It was interesting to see his transformation.
     As for Salem, I liked her as a character. I loved how she was Latina, gorgeous, tattooed, and pierced. Most chicks in books nowadays are all clean cut. I love that Crownover went beyond the stereotype and made her character feel more real. (I feel like she looks like a life size pin up doll which would be totally awesome lol)
     Last but not least, I loved that this one seemed like a thriller. For a minute there my heart stopped beating and I was holding my breath due to the epicness that was going on  in the end. The thing that made this book different from the others is that this one had a bit of each of the others in it. I don't mean that as they're companions, but it made some of the previous books' plots better through this book. For instance, I was NOT a fan of Nash, but there was a little more in this book that made me like Saint just a little bit more. 
     Overall, this book was all that I was expecting and more. I wish I had read it physically instead of listening to the audio, because there was just something about the narrators that I didn't like. I hate that it took away from the story, but mostly my love for the characters and their steamy relationship outweighed that. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , ,