The Shadowhunters (Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot- The Mortal Cup)



TV series, 42 minutes
Release Date: January 12, 2016

     After her mother is kidnapped, Clary must venture into the dark world of demon hunting in order to find clues that can help her find her mother. (From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Not gonna lie, I feel pretty weird about reviewing this since it's a tv show, but I decided I needed to at least feature it somewhere here since I was noticing a lot of people say they were still iffy about it. In my honest opinion though, it wasn't that bad. 
     After the movie I was thinking this couldn't be any better. But in all actuality, the tv show was 10x's better. Why? Simply because I liked the cast better. This Simon was better than the movie Simon and Jace and Alec were just as good. As for Clary, she was still her melodramatic self, but Jocelyn was the one who was BAD ASS. But as for Izzy, she should've took some lessons from Jocelyn. She was so "extra" and it really upset me because Izzy has always been my favorite character. She was supposed to be sexy yes, but she's still supposed to be bad ass too. She seemed like she was just there.
     As for the plot, I get there will be hella differences from the book since it's a tv series now, but still some things were over the top and other things were definitely on point. For the over the top, where the hell was Hodge? He should've been there. It ruins the overall effect in the end, I'm just saying. There weren't any other things I just couldn't get over besides that. The things I did like were things like when Clary mentioned her life had never been so "mundane." Yeah it was cheesy, but I still loved it. Also it was so ironic that Simon would sing "Forever Young" for REASONS. And then of course the club name blinking and only Demon standing out. (JICYMI: That wasn't something that the screen writers made up. That's the actual name of the club in the book lol) I loved that most of the instances were all subtle for the time being and was still getting people to want to read the books. 
     The second episode is up on the Freeform app, but I have yet to watch it. I think I want to wait to watch with the rest of the world. But looking as some who have watched it, it only gets better. I'll give you all my final verdict when I watch it next week. 
Overall, I give this

What did you guys think of it?

If you missed it, it's now on Netflix and Freeform is still replaying it! 

Labels: , ,