Waiting on Wednesday: 100 Days by Nicole McInnes


This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what we're waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for! It's hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

100 Days

     Agnes doesn't know it, but she only has one hundred days left to live. When she was just a baby, she was diagnosed with Progeria, a rare disease that causes her body to age at roughly ten times the normal rate. Now nearly sixteen years old, Agnes has already exceeded her life expectancy.
     Moira has been Agnes’s best friend and protector since they were in elementary school. Due to her disorder, Agnes is still physically small, but Moira is big. Too big for her own liking. So big that people call her names. With her goth makeup and all-black clothes, Moira acts like she doesn’t care. But she does.
     Boone was friends with both girls in the past, but that was a long time ago—before he did the thing that turned Agnes and Moira against him, before his dad died, before his mom got too sad to leave the house.
     An unexpected event brings Agnes and Moira back together with Boone, but when romantic feelings start to develop, the trio’s friendship is put to the test.

Expected Publication: August 23, 2016
Published by: Farrar, Straus, & Giroux (BYR)

Why I'm Waiting: I know this may seem lame, but this caught my eye at TLA because it kind of had a vibe that reminded me of that movie "The Breakfast Club." I'm not sure if they'll be in detention or if  it'll be anything like it, but they all seem so different and then they're stuck together.... Kind of seems like it right? Maybe I'm reaching, but I loved that movie and I hope to love this book as well! 

What are you waiting on this week?
Will you be waiting on this with me?

Labels: