How to Keep Rolling After a Fall by Karole Cozzo

e-ARC, 272 pages
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Published by: Swoon Reads
Read from: July 21-27, 2016
Stand-alone
Source: Netgalley (This book was given to me for free in exchange for a just and honest review. Nothing besides that was asked of me.)
For fans of: Diverse Reads (Disability), Contemporary Romance, Stand-alone, Chick-lit, YA


     After a cyber bullying incident turns her life upside down, a handsome wheelchair rugby player shows a former mean girl that everyone deserves a second chance.
     The party was at her house. The photos were posted to her Facebook account. That's all the evidence anyone needed to condemn Nikki Baylor for a cyberbullying incident that humiliated a classmate and nearly resulted in the girl's suicide. Now Nikki's been expelled from her old school, her friends have abandoned her, and even her own parents can't look her in the eye. With her plans for the future all but destroyed, Nikki resigns herself to being the girl everyone hates - almost as much as she hates herself. But then Nikki meets Pax, a spirited wheelchair rugby player who knows what it's like when one mistake completely shatters your life. Refusing to judge her because of her past, he shows her that everyone deserves a second chance... and everyone deserves to be loved.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     As soon as I heard what this book was about I requested it on Netgalley and hoped with all my might that they would approve me. And as soon as they did I started reading it. And I loved it. This book is definitely one I can read it again.
"Feeling like you're stuck in the chair, feeling like you're entirely reliant on other people. Then  it's the fear that keeps you from living your life, more than the disability."
12%
     Nikki is at first your typical teenage girl. She has awesome friends and is having a great party. But then things get out of hand and she's caught in the middle of a cyber-bullying incident. Now everything is completely changed. She's been expelled and now she's doing court ordered community service. Everything in her life is changing for the worse, until Pax comes in and changes everything. 
"Looking back all the time... It really starts to hurt your neck."
13%
     Obviously, the number one thing I liked about this book was the diversity aspect. Pax is confined to a wheelchair after an accident that left him a paraplegic. But besides that, I loved it because Pax was one of the realist characters I've read (met?) in a long time. He didn't beat around the bush and he handled every situation with a clear head. He never let anything cloud his judgement and for that, I loved him. 
"There's nothing I can't live with because at least I get to live."
52%
     I also loved the romance. It was so refreshing to see the two of them together and see how they interacted with each other and how they interacted with the haters. I loved how they basically shut them all down lol They were super adorable together. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the fact that the entire plot was hinged on them not making it because he was in a wheelchair. I think I would have enjoyed it better had ALL the focus not been on him being in a wheelchair. Maybe give some more information on what happened with the cyber-bullying attack or something, but it was still a good read.
"...I don't want to feel sorry for him, anyway. I just want people not to be assholes."
78%
     This book was a really great read. I can't wait until more people can read this book and learn more about the subject. This book will take you through every emotion, like laughing and even an unexpected cry at the end. Everyone should go out and grab this one! 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , ,