Class Act- Module 1: CLASSIC YOUNG ADULT LITERATURE


As y'all know, I'm a Library Science student at University of North Texas. This semester I have the pleasure of taking an AWESOME class called Seminar and Trends in YA! This semester the focus is YA books!  One of the things we have to do is read some books from a list my Prof has provided us and then make up a blog and post reviews or features of what we have read! 

MODULE 1: 
INTRODUCTION TO YOUNG ADULT LITERATURE/CLASSIC YOUNG ADULT LITERATURE



Freaky Friday
Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers
Published by: January 1, 1972
Source: Library (Overdrive)

     Book Summary:     
      Annabel thinks her mom has the best life. If she were a grown-up, she could do whatever she wanted Then one morning she wakes up to find she's turned into her mother . . . and she soon discovers it's not as easy as it looks
     Disney brings this popular and funny favorite to the silver screen in a new, totally modern story, starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan.
     This week one of the books I read was Freaky Friday. After reading it, I decided to watch the movie again because I didn't really remember it. There were some differences and some things that were different. For instance, in the book when they change, the mom doesn't right away tell the daughter that she has changed into her as well, but in the movie she does.
Image result for freaky friday cliff notes on the movie
     The book is told from the point of view of Annabel where the movie goes back and forth. The book and the movie have so many similarities, but the movie itself is still better to me. Mainly because the book was written so long ago and some of the things mentioned in it were outdated. The movie is more mainstream and appeals to everyone, children and adults alike.
     I would still definitely recommend both the book and the movie to everyone out there. They both compliment each other really well and I can see myself watching or reading both all over again. I would give them both 4 stars. 

Labels: