Class Act- Module 9: ANGELS, DEMONS, & DEAD PEOPLE!


As y'all know, I'm a Library Science student at University of North Texas. This semester I have the pleasure of taking an AWESOME class called Seminar and Trends in YA! This semester the focus is YA books!  One of the things we have to do is read some books from a list my Prof has provided us and then make up a blog and post reviews or features of what we have read! 

MODULE 9: 
ANGELS, DEMONS, & DEAD PEOPLE

We Were Lars by W. Lockheart
Published by: Delacorte Press
Book Summary:     
  
     A beautiful and distinguished family.
     A private island.
     A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
     A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
     A revolution. An accident. A secret.
     Lies upon lies.
     True love.
     The truth.
 
     We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 

     Read it.
     And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

     Ghost books normally not my cup of tea. They usually get a little weird to me after awhile. But the way they've been changing makes the genre a little better for me. I really like the way they've changed it from the main character falling in love with the ghosts to the main character just interacting with the ghosts and then falling for someone else. This is what changed the genre back to something I love. 

The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1)

     I know it's crazy, but I just can't see anyone falling for a ghost. As a paranormal romance I know it's supposed to be out there, but I see most ghosts as scary and see them being attractive or nice sometimes is difficult for me to process. For instance, The Ghost and the Goth I haven't read, but plan to read later on. It was one that I just couldn't read before because I didn't like the idea of a ghost and person falling for each other lol But then I saw it was by an author I really like and thought Stacey Kade was definitely wirth putting aside my thoughts about it. 
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)

     Then ghists books began to evolve and I saw Anna Dressed in Blood come along. This is one book that I actually read because it seemed to be about romance without losing it's scary touch. Anna is a ghost that others have been scared of and there's only one person that isn't scared enough to brave talking to her. And then things happen from there. 
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

     This book I wasnt' sure as where to categorize, because she was only that way for the first book in the series. She was in an accident and then things begin to change as she decides whether she wants to stay living or die. She was already in a relationship, so the ghost in love thing didn't bother me much. I knew it was before it happened so it didn't bother me much. 

     I still think that ghosts are best made to be scary things, but having a touch of romance is ok sometimes. I'd much rather see just a creepy ghost and a human falling for a human in a book but after reading some of these, I can see all the variations and realized just how different people's reading tastes are. 

Labels: