Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Hardcover,  536 pages
Release Date: September 27, 2016
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
Read from: October 7, 2016
Stand-alone
Source: Bought
For fans of: Fantasy, Diversity, Romance, Action, Adventure, Sparkly Covers, YA

     Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I loved the first one so much I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this one! And I'm happy to say that everything I loved about the first one is in this book too! I loved that the gang was all there and so much more! Definitely a great series ender that I can talk about for ages!
     This book starts off almost right after Six of Crows. They must find a way to get someone back and when they they do, they also have to find a way to get something that was promised to them but never given. They must find a way to get to everyone involved, before it's too late for their team and the whole of Ketterdam.
     I think what I liked most about this story was the way it made me feel every emotion! Y'all I laughed, cried (like legit, real tears), smiled, EVERYTHING. Any book that can make me feel that much is a winner to me. It shows how truly invested I am in it. And let me tell you how invested I was. I went out of town for a weekend while reading this book and I left it at home. I ended up buying the book on my Nook because I could not be without it that long. I know it was stupid because I was actually baby-sitting a 4 year old so I had really no time to read, but I needed that book on hand just in case. In other words, yes, I was totally invested.
     The main reason I was so invested was all the twists and turns. You might have thought that Six of Crows prepared you for Kaz Brekker and Co., but with this one, the hits just keep on coming. Bardugo is one of the smartest people ever to come up with the things that Kaz and his friends do. I tried guessing all the ways they would turn things around and every time I was wrong. Kaz was too smart and I hope we get more books where he visits later.
     Which brings me to another point, the characters. I was so happy to see that there were some characters from the Grisha series there! (Or so I've heard.... I haven't exactly read it yet...) And I can't wait to find out how it crosses over. To those who haven't read Six of Crows yet because they are scared of spoilers, I still say you can read it, but there may be some spoilers that you won't realize are spoilers. And that's all I'll say. Also with the characters, I was so happy to see things fall in to place. With friendships as well as SHIP ships lol
     I can honestly say this book kept me on pins and needles, but did so in such a good way. I found myself having to take a break to read a contemp book because I was so stressed out. But Bardugo has such a way with words that I had to go and finish it off. I had to know what happened! Now I want nothing more than to read her other series RIGHT NOW.Thank you Bardugo for this wonderful series.
Overall, I give this

There will be no quotes to avoid spoilers! 


Labels: , , , , , ,