A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Hardcover, 699 pages
Release Date: May 2, 2017
Published by: Bloomsbury Children's Books
Read from: May 9-May 16, 2017
A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3
Source: Bought (B&N Edition)
For fans of: Fantasy, Romance, Action, Sparkly Covers, Adventure, Fae, YA

     Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
     Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
     As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
     In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

*MY THOUGHTS*

                Normally I have my reviews up and ready to go by midnight. This one took me a while to get to because I had absolutely no idea what to say. In a way I LOVED it, but in other ways I wasn’t so fond of it, but that was because I already had my expectations way too high from ACOMAF. But all in all, I did really like it.
                War is brewing and it’s not looking good. They have to decide who it is that they can really trust before the war comes upon them. The hardest part of all is Feyre doing it from the Spring Court.
                Ok, so I am just gonna be honest here and say that this book could’ve been trimmed down. I just did not feel like a lot of the first part was necessary because so much of it was predictable. With ACOMAF I was hanging on to every word from the beginning to the end. With this one, I found myself guessing her next move. And getting it right nonetheless.  Until I got to the second part. And let me tell you, the wait is worth it.
                I also wish that she had SHOWN us more of the courts. I mean we “went there” but there wasn’t much time spent there. I wanted to know about what their people were like and maybe some customs. All we really learned about was their climate. I’m sure we could all figure that out by looking at the names of them. But even with the small look at them, I am glad we got that small glimpse. It was good to finally see more of them.
                As always, I loved her characters. I have learned to love EVERYONE that is associated with this series, even the people who annoyed me to no end. I have become so attached with the characters that in the book I laughed with them, I got scared with them, and I cried with them. And when I say I cried with them, believe me when I say my eyes were puffy and I had given myself a headache by the time I was done crying. When I was finished, I immediately wanted to go back and read some of my very favorite parts, just to have more time with them.

                This one isn’t my favorite of the series, but it is still a good addition to the series. I can’t wait to see what else Maas has in store for this series. I really love this world and I’m hoping to see more of the courts in the books to come. 
Overall, I give this

There will be no quotes in this to avoid spoilers. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,