The Idea of You by Robinne Lee

e-ARC, 384 pages
Release Date: June 13, 2017
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin

Stand-alone

Source: Publisher

For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Adult, Take Me Away After Dark



     When Solène Marchand, the thirty-nine-year-old owner of a prestigious art gallery in Los Angeles, takes her daughter, Isabelle, to meet her favorite boy band, she does so reluctantly and at her ex-husband’s request. The last thing she expects is to make a connection with one of the members of the world-famous August Moon. But Hayes Campbell is clever, winning, confident, and posh, and the attraction is immediate. That he is all of twenty years old further complicates things.
     What begins as a series of clandestine trysts quickly evolves into a passionate relationship. It is a journey that spans continents as Solène and Hayes navigate each other’s disparate worlds: from stadium tours to international art fairs to secluded hideaways. And for Solène, it is as much a reclaiming of self, as it is a rediscovery of happiness and love. When their romance becomes a viral sensation, and both she and her daughter become the target of rabid fans and an insatiable media, Solène must face how her new status has impacted not only her life, but the lives of those closest to her.

 BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*"This book is part of the adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up!  

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Ok when I first heard of this book I was a little iffy. I wasn't sure where the plot was headed, but it sounded like some super juicy gossip that one might hear in the tabloids. And that's exactly what this book was like. 
     I really did love the writing style. For this to be about something I wasn't even sure I'd like, it still sucked me right into the story. So much so that I downloaded it to my phone and was reading it in the lulls at work. I was hooked and wanted to see just how far they would take this thing. 
     As for the romance, I really did enoy seeing them together. It was always fun, fresh, and exciting. I hated that she kept second guessing herself tho. Hayes was such a good guy and she went back and forth too much on him. But at the same time, I could definitely see her internal struggle. I'd be lying if I said I couldn't. But when it was hot, it was definitely hot. 
    Unfortunately I didn't like the pacing. It seemed like once their relationship got going, it kind of drug on. I ended up having to read some passages over and over because I got lost along the way. But overall it wasn't really bad. Definitely gave it more of a real life feel because of the sneaking around and all. Also the ending wasn't what I was expecting, but again, so much more believable that way. 
     I hope Lee ends up writing something else for the two of them. Maybe an epilogue or something. Just to see what happens to them in the end. Like for real, for real lol 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , ,