Hidden Figures: Books to Movie Review


PG, 127 minutes
Release Date: January 6, 2017

The story of a team of female African-American mathematicians who served a vital role in NASA during the early years of the U.S. space program.(From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I tried so many different times to go and see this in the movies, but the first and second time I went it was sold out. And then school stuff. And then other things started happening, when I finally was able to check it out from the library, I got the blu-ray version, but our Blu Ray player didn't work. It was all just a huge mess. But I didn't let any of that stop me... And I'm more than 1 million percent happy about that. 
     I think my favorite part of this movie was the numerous messsages it portrayed to people watching this. It showed thier iconic performances in their careers as not only women, but African American women. As a kid my momma always told me I was growing up with two strikes against me already, so I shouldn't give them another one. I thought I understood the meaning of this, but I feel like I never understood it fully until now. This movie showed me exactly what to do to avoid that third strike: KEEP PUSHING. And any movie that can still teach me something, I'm all for it. 
     As for the acting, it was amazing. I cried about 5 times throughout the entire movie. Some when they didn't even call for tears, like when Dorothy said "Well that's in the wrong place," and again when Katherine gave her EPIC rant about the bathrooms. I made my husband rewind it so I could watch it again because the first time was blurry. As some of you may know, any book/movie that can get me to feel so many different emotions, I'm a huge fan of. Henson, Spencer, and Monae brought these ladies to life on the big screen and they all gave Oscar Worthy performances. 
     This movie is iconic for so many reasons and I can't wait to see all the opportunities that this film opens up for people. From the actresses to the little girls who have watched the film and now know what they can be capable of. 
Overall, I give this

And just beccause I loved it so much that I wanted to watch it again: 

*I do NOT own the rights to any of these clips. They were merely provided via Youtube to enhance the review and bring more attention to the movie.* 

Labels: