The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

e-Audio, 320 pages
Release Date: January 30, 2018
Published by: Berkley Books
Read from: February 9-11, 2018
Stand-alone
Source: Library
For fans of:  Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Diversity, Sparkly Covers, LOL, Debut Author, Adult

     A groomsman and his last-minute guest are about to discover if a fake date can go the distance in a fun and flirty debut novel.
Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist.
     On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend...
     After Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. Too bad they can't stop thinking about the other...
     They're just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the century--or closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want....

Between the covers!

*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  


*MY THOUGHTS*

     This was on my TBR since the cover came out, but it really jumped to the top when so many people (even those that I KNOW don't like contemporary romance) enjoyed it. So I requested that my library buy the e-audio version and I put myself on hold for it. And low and behold I'm going to say the biggest cliche I know: I'M SO GLAD I DID.
     Drew and Alexa have the best meet cute in a broken down elevator. And amazingly, things escalate from there. He takes her to a wedding as his fake date and soon learns that he cannot let her go. And Alexa learns that she doesn't want him to.
     Y'all, this CANNOT be a debut author. Like I don't believe it. The writing style was nothing short of amazing. I found myself wanting to listen to it all the time! I easily got lost in Guillory's words and I wanted to stay theere. I easily devoured this in about 3 days. (Would have been shorter if I had the physical copy lol) By the time I finished I had already bought a physical copy for myself and I was super excited to read it again
     I also really love the characters. Alexa is without a doubt, the level of dope, petty, professional that I aspire to be. I felt everything she said and did in the whole novel! (Even when I felt she was being stubborn and didn't want to listen on purpose.) And then there was Drew. He was clueless sometimes, but I loved him more than I can explain. And Guillory made some of their interactions so real, I could swear that these were real people that she was just writing down notes on! And last but not least, Carlos. I have to say I liked Drew, but I liked Carlos more. He was the level headed one who kept them both sane and thinking straight. I really hope that the Carlos in her next book description is about this Carlos. Then my life will be complete. Because I NEED Carlos to get his HEA.
     Then there was the romance. There are some definite spicy times in this one and I was here for ALL of them lol I loved that she mentioned the most important part about it (wrap it up folks) and was still able to still make the scene sexy. And if any of you are wondering, its not super telling, its really clean and sexy and I loved it. Add on to all that that it was diverse and extremely accurate, I loved everything about it!
     After reading this, I can't wait to see more from Guillory. In one book she has become my reason for a book hangover, my favorite rnew author, AND the author of my favorite book of 2018 so far. I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,