A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas

Hardcover, 229 pages
Release Date: May 1, 2018
Published by: Bloomsbury YA
Read from: May 6-9, 2018
A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1
Source: Library
For fans of:  Fantasy, Romance, Fae, YA

     Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.

*MY THOUGHTS* 

     I can't lie, it was so nice to be with everyone again. (Especially my boo Rhys.) But even still, I can't help but think that this story was just ok. 
     The Winter Solstice is near and everyone is excited to finally get the celebration underway. The atmosphere post war is is still somber, so everyone is looking forward to this small bit of hope and happiness. This is Feyre's first Solstice as High Lady and she can only hope to not disappoint her family and friends.... and herself. 
     Before I start, let me just say I KNOW THIS IS A NOVELLA. But still I just expected more. Especially since the book was almost the full length of a regular book. It could've definitely have been shorter. And it could've also been about a different topic that made me more interested in a character or some internal struggle that one of the other characters are going through. Something other than bouncing all over the place about an event that lasted one chapter. Don't get me wrong, I did like being with them, I just think that this would have been more interesting on a different subject.
     As for the characters, they are all still the same. I was so glad I got to see that the war changed them, but not enough that we didn't recognize them anymore. (I REALLY hope we get to see the characters that are attempting something really exciting  come to fruition....) Which brings me to the excerpt in the back..... The only one whom we still don't know is who the next book in this "series" is about. I can't wait to read more from that one. It was about one of the people I was hoping we would learn more about in THIS novella.
     It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still a great read. It's not something that must be read, but a little something extra to hold off fans of this series.
Overall, I give this
Real rating 3.5 but I rounded up!
There will be no quotes to avoid spoilers! 

Labels: , , ,