Celebrate Black History Month (in Literature)!

Image result for celebrate black history month

I know many of you are wondering why I waited until the almost the last day to do this post, but I swear I have a reason! I hope that you all are using reading these titles not only in February, but all year round! So I wanted to do this post at the end of the month in hopes that you all would seek them out beyond February! It's important to give these characters a voice all the time. 


So, with that being said, here are some of my favorites!:

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1)Monday's Not ComingThe Poet X
Long Way DownDear MartinFinding Yvonne
The Hate U GiveSpinBlack Enough: Stories of Being Young & Black in America
A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)The Wedding DateIntercepted (Playbook, #1)
Ghost BoysAmerican StreetOdd One Out

And here's some future favorites:

Dear Haiti, Love AlaineI Wanna Be Where You AreSome Places More Than Others
If It Makes You HappyThe Revolution of Birdie RandolphShuri: The Search for Black Panther
A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)Let Me Hear a RhymeTristan Strong Punches A Hole In The Sky (Untitled #1)
For Black Girls Like MeMy Life as an Ice Cream Sandwich


And lastly, here's some that are out that I still need to read: 

AllegedlyAll American BoysMonster
I Am Alfonso JonesLet's Go Swimming on Doomsday


And yet, there's so many more that I still need to read!
Any here that you think I need to add to this list? 
Any that you see here that you haven't added to your TBR?
Tell me in the comments!





Labels: ,