Top 10 Inspirational/Thought Provoking Book Quotes!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Inspirational/Thought Provoking Book Quotes! 

1. "When I was twelve, my parents had two talks with me. One was the usual birds and bees. [...] The other was about what to do if a cop stopped me."
-The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

This means so much to me because it's so true. My mom had almost the same talk with me. And this was years before this book came out. That's how relevant this is. 

2. "The internet is rife with falsehoods."
-Girls With Sharp Sticks by Suzanne Young

Be careful of fake news y'all. Especially from y'all president.... 

3. Time heals all wounds. Isn't that what they say[...] Although I know time is likely to inflict wounds."
-Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds

This is so true. Time is such a fickle thing. It can make you feel better, but it can also be what hurts the most. 

4. "[...] That is very black or white." "Justice must be; otherwise, it becomes impossible."
-The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes

This is exactly right. This is a very good description and I like it because people need to remember this because it seems like not everyone does. 

5. "For what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul?"
-Spin by Lamar Giles

Another of my mom-isms. She also used to tell me this as well. And it wasn't until now that I finally come to understand it. 

6. "I was surviving - but not actually living."
-Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon

I don't think I had ever thought about this until I read something like this in another book. This makes me stop and think that I'm alive, but am I really doing anything to say I'm living? 

7. “Your religion should help you make the decision if you find yourself in that situation, but the policy should exist for you to have the right to make it in the first place. When you say you can't do something because your religion forbids it, that's a good thing. When you say I can't do something because YOUR religion forbids it, that's a problem.” 
-A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult

So true. I hope everyone respects my right to be Catholic and I hope they know that I respect their right to do what they want and I won't judge them for their choices. 

8. “As far as authority is concerned, calm people quietly dying is a lot easier to deal with than angry people fighting for their lives.” 
-Dry by Neal & Jarrod Shusterman

Just look at the news. And it's disgusting.

9. “Well, sometimes the people we love the most can hurt us the most.” 
-Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson

Unfortunately my example for this is family and relationships. I'm obviously not saying ALL, but some.

10. “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

THIS. Because if they're a good person they'll treat them the same. 


What about you?
Any of these quotes speak to you?
Did any of these seem like something I would be intrigued by?
Have you read any of these books?
Leave me your link and let me know in the comments!





Labels: