Top 10... Well 12 Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book!



1. A beautiful cover!
Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)

2. A POC on the cover 
If It Makes You Happy

3. Promise of a well written romance or a romance that many people adored (I'm a sap what can I say?! lol) 
Tell Me How You Really Feel


4. Promise of it being diverse in some way
No Big Deal

5. If some of my favorite authors/bloggers have talked about it/ blurbed it
The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2)

6. If its written by an author I've read and liked before
The Revolution of Birdie Randolph

7. Food, being a chef, recipes etc. lol 
With the Fire on High

8. About a topic I don't read much of or haven't read before
Full Disclosure

9. Football (Or really any sports!) 
Throw Like a Girl

10. "Out of the Box" Settings (Places other Than the usual like California etc.) 

In the Neighborhood of True

11. Re-tellings
If I'm Being Honest


12. There's a movie being made/coming out
Opposite of Always

I'm sure I can think of more, but that's all I have right now lol


What about you? 
Any of these things make you want to pick up a book?
Any of these things make you not want to?
Let me know in the comments!

Labels: