Fumbled by Alexa Martin

e-Audio, 09:53:25
Narrated by: N'Jameh Camara
Release Date:  April 23, 2019
Published by: Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
Read from: May 17-20, 2019
Playbook, #2
Source: Library (Overdrive/ Libby)  
TW: 
For fans of: Romance, Sports, Contemporary, POC MC, Own Voices, Rom Com, Adult

     A second chance doesn't guarantee a touchdown in this new contemporary romance from the author of Intercepted.
     Single-mother Poppy Patterson moved across the country when she was sixteen and pregnant to find a new normal. After years of hard work, she's built a life she loves. It may include a job at a nightclub, weekend soccer games, and more stretch marks than she anticipated, but it's all hers, and nobody can take that away. Well, except for one person.
     TK Moore, the starting wide receiver for the Denver Mustangs, dreamt his entire life about being in the NFL. His world is football, parties, and women. Maybe at one point he thought his future would play out with his high school sweetheart by his side, but Poppy is long gone and he's moved on.
     When Poppy and TK cross paths in the most unlikely of places, emotions they've suppressed for years come rushing back. But with all the secrets they never told each other lying between them, they'll need more than a dating playbook to help them navigate their relationship.

   

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Listen when I heard TK had a book coming out I was ecstatic! He was my favorite character in Intercepted and I was so excited to get a book from him. Although it didn't turn out the way I thought it would, it was still really enjoyable.
     Poppy is a single mom doing whatever she can to make ends meet after she moved across the country to get away from an old relationship. But love has a way of turning up when you least expect it. TK, a wide receiver for a professional football team ends up at the club where Poppy is working. Old emotions rush back and alongside some old secrets....
     The best thing about this book was hands down the characters. I really loved them all, but my favorite was hands down Ace. He was such a joy to read and he was so funny. Also, the stink and not wanting to shower was a very accurate description of little boys lmao My nephew is the same way! I also liked Poppy and how independent she was. And of course, like I said, TK was one of my favorites from the last book. Also, I need to have a Sadie book, even if it's just a novella.
     But this was also the reason I didn't give it 5 stars. This book was mostly showing TK as a bad person when he was so good in Intercepted. I get that it was the situation, but it just didn't sit well with me. I went away from this book with a different look at TK and I didn't like that.
     The plot was ok, but it was a really regular romance. It followed the troupes to a T! And because of that, by the time it got to the end I was terrified that they would have a super dramatic ending like Gavin and Marlee. I'm so glad it wasn't as dramatic because I was so worried that the main person hurt was going to be Ace. I'm glad she went a different route instead.
     I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one. And now with the ending from this one, I think it's safe to say I might like that one more than this one because Brynn is awesome. This series is turning out to be one of my favorites.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,