Celebrate Pride Month with Literature!

Image result for Love is Love

     June 28th was the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Inn Invasion. As we celebrate Pride Month now, I wanted to remind you all, put these books on your displays all the time. Not just during Pride, but during different heritage months, as your librarian's pick, and any time really. For this month, I did a display at work and made a small book list that I was able to put on our social media for work. And last year I took notes on how many things checked out on each display I made to see how I did my first year as a librarian. I compared the numbers  from last year and my Pride display has gotten about 50% more checkouts than last year! Those stats make me incredibly happy that my teens have found a safe space here and know that they can come get these reads and more from the library!


Other books I added after it started checking out: 

Small Town HeartsBeastHot Dog Girl
The BrightsidersWe Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)The ABC's of LGBT+



     As for the graphic I made, it includes books for all ages so that anyone can find themselves in a story! Here's the graphic I made: 

I also put that they could find books from each age group in our catalog.

I hope you all keep reading these books all year around! Look for intersectional books that you can use at other times! 

What have you read from this list?
Do you have any on your TBR?
Which others should I add for next year? 
Let me know in the comments! 




(I am NOT trying to take the attention away from any blogger who is LGBTQIAP+. I simply want to help bring attention to these titles. I do not want to be offensive. If  you are LGBTQIAP+  and there's something you don't like or want removed, please know that I apologize in advance and I will remove it.) 



Labels: