TTT: Books on my TBR I'm Avoiding Reading and Why!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books on my TBR I'm Avoiding Reading and Why!

Under CurrentsArchenemies (Renegades, #2)

1. Under Currents by Nora Roberts: I haven't read a Nora Roberts book before, so this is pretty intimidating.

2. Archenemies by Marissa Meyer: I DIED after that cliff hanger in Renegades. I was not about to hurry through Archenemies and await the same fate after finishing this one. (But now I have one hardcover, one ARC, and soon one paperback and I haven't even read this book smh) 

Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)The Haunted

3. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs: I'm not sure if this is because I'm currently rebinging the show Bones (I watched up until season 8 before and then Netflix took it off) and this is the book that the show is based off of or what, but I had to add this. Think I'm nervous it won't be the same.

4. The Haunted by Danielle Vega: Or any horror book by her really. YA horror is hard for me to enjoy because really nothing scares me. (I mean, I read It in 8th grade) Nothing really scares me, so I end up being disappointed by it.But I still love this cover so I still wanna give it a chance. 

Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)The Haunting of Hill House

5. Frankly In Love by David Yoon: If you know me, you know I LOVE Nicola. I don't want to not like this book and her husband wrote it.... (I know that shouldn't have anything to do with her, but the way I look at it, I can always say I'm excited for it and not that I didn't like it....) 

6. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson: Another one where I liked the show and got interested in the book because of it. But again, I'm not sure if the show will be as good as the book. 

The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)

7. The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh: I'm not a huge fan of vampires anymore because they were overdone for a long time. But now because of the author I think I'll give it a try anyways. 

8. The Fire Keeper by J.C. Cervantes: I wasn't sure if this one would be as good as the first, so I hesitated on reading it. I think I may read it soon tho. 

I Kill GiantsThe Downstairs Girl

9. I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly: Another where I have to read the book but I'm scared it won't live up to the show! 

10. The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee: I haven't really read anything by her and I don't read historical fiction because I'm not really a huge fan. I want to read this, but I'm scared I won't like this super popular author when everyone else does. 


What about you?
What books are you avoiding?
Do we share any of them?
Let me know in the comments! 




Labels: