Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month in Literature!

National Hispanic American Heritage Month 2019


    Latinx Heritage Month is held every year from September 15th-October 15th. I'd always wondered why it was celebrated during one half of a month and then the next month. I researched it and found that in 1988 it was made into a 30 day period (after first being only a week) by President Ronald Reagan. It was done by these dates because there are many Latin American countries whose anniversary is September 15th and some others that are on the 16th, the 18th, and also one important day,  Día de la Raza on October 12th.  
     The celebration is almost over, but my hopes is to make sure you all are celebrating these awesome books and awesome authors all year round. There's something for every type of reader, those that like mythology, those that like romance, those looking for LGBTQIAP+ reads, and so much more. 


Here's some I've Read that I Think You Should Read:

Shadowshaper (Shadowshaper, #1)The Poet XWe Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)
With the Fire on HighDon't Date Rosa SantosThey Both Die at the End
Charlie Hernández and the League of ShadowsThe Grief KeeperLabyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)



Here's Some Books I Haven't Read Yet that I want to Read Soon and think You Should Read Too: 

Dealing in DreamsCharlie Hernández the Castle of Bones (Charlie Hernández, #2)Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
Wild BeautyThe ResolutionsBarely Missing Everything


    There's many more and I know I'm missing some people's favorites, so please, leave a comment and let me know what I've missed or what else I should read! Also, if you're interested in looking at the Latinx Heritage Month post I did for work, here it is!:


If you're interested in the ones on here, there's picture books, chapter books, YA books, and adult books. Two of each!


I hope that you all can celebrate Latinx Heritage Month beyond this 30 day period. Remember to support and read these wonderful, diverse authors not only during heritage month, but all year round. 


Labels: ,