The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai

E-Audio, 10:13:50
Narrated by:  Summer Morton & Brian Pallino
Release Date:  August 6, 2019
Published by:  HarperAudio
Read from: November 3-6, 2019
Modern Love, #1
Source: Library 
TW: Confrontation of Abuser, Abuse
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Adult, Audio, Companion Novel, Realistic Fiction, Enemies to Lovers

     Alisha Rai returns with the first book in her sizzling new Modern Love series, in which two rival dating app creators find themselves at odds in the boardroom but in sync in the bedroom.
     Rhiannon Hunter may have revolutionized romance in the digital world, but in real life she only swipes right on her career—and the occasional hookup. The cynical dating app creator controls her love life with a few key rules:
     - Nude pics are by invitation only
     - If someone stands you up, block them with extreme prejudice
     - Protect your heart
     Only there aren't any rules to govern her attraction to her newest match, former pro-football player Samson Lima. The sexy and seemingly sweet hunk woos her one magical night... and disappears.
      Rhi thought she'd buried her hurt over Samson ghosting her, until he suddenly surfaces months later, still big, still beautiful—and in league with a business rival. He says he won't fumble their second chance, but she's wary. A temporary physical partnership is one thing, but a merger of hearts? Surely that’s too high a risk…
 

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I remember adding this to my TBR because I loved the cover. Seeing it I assumed that this was a light, fluffy romance, but this was definitely so much more. And because I wasn't expecting that, it made me enjoy it that much more. So glad I picked this up from the library.
Rhi owns a Dating App, but it took a lot to get her where she is now. But now she's ready to expand and she knows the way to doing so: gaining control of her competitors. So she tries... But with it comes seeing someone who once ghosted her all over again with said rival..... He wants a second chance, but should she give it?
My favorite part of this was the characters. Rhi was fierce and feisty where Samson was super sweet and such a gentleman. But being honest, that's also what I didn't like about this one. I didn't care for them together. It just didn't seem believeable to me. Idk, they just didn't fit to me.
As for the plot, I didn't really feel like much happened. They talked about buying the app the entire book and it just didn't seem like much happened. I guess I was just looking for more. And this book didn't deliver for me.
Although this wasn't my favorite and nothing really stood out for me, I still want to read the next one. I also really liked Kat from this one and I can't wait to know more about her in the next one. It definitely gives me something to look forward to.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , ,