Crave by Tracy Wolff

E-Audio, 14:56:40
Narrated by:  Heather Costa & Tim Paige
Release Date:  April 7, 2020
Published by:  Tantor Media, Inc
Read from: April 11-16, 2020
Crave, #1
Source: Library (RB Digital) 
TW:  N/A
For fans of: Paranormal Romance, Romance, Vampires, Shape-Shifters, Enemies to Lovers, YA 

     My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.
     Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.
     Which could spell death for us all.
     Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.

*MY THOUGHTS*

I didn't think in a hundred years I'd be here talking about another vampire novel.... But here we are. And what's more.... I actually liked it. It still had its cheesy moments, but I really liked. Yes, it shocked even me. 
     Grace parent's die in a tragic accident, so her uncle does the only thing that makes sense.... He takes her in. Unfortunately that means bringing her to Alaska where he's the principal of Katmere Academy. Grace isn't at all excited but she's come to terms with having to attend school there. As she's learning the ropes from her cousin, she learns some things she never thought she would. Is her school really filled with monsters? Or is her imagination playing tricks with her?
       At first I was rolling my eyes over this one because I did NOT want to read a knock off Twilight. Although I don't care for it now, when it first released I loved it and so did my friends. And for that reason, I decided to give this one a go. And I'm glad I did. It wasn't really like Twilight, except for the feuding paranormal characters. And I actually didn't mind that. I was Team Jacob in Twilight, so it was nice to root for the vampire in this one. 
      As for the writing style, there wasn't anything special about it, but I was hooked. I enjoyed their love story. And I have to admit the dragging of the fang across her lip and the pleasure while drinking was kinda hot. I enjoyed how she wrote them together and I look forward to seeing more of them in the future. 
      I will say I would have shaved some of this off in the beginning. It was pretty eye rolly and hit a lot of the most cliche points of paranormal romance, but I still kept listening. And for a while there I was a little bored because it just took so long for her to figure out what was happening. Or even that something was happening in general. I normally would have skimmed that part, but I kept listening because I was able to do other things while listening. 
     Now let's talk about that ending. I listened to audio version from my library, and I'm glad I did because I had to go back and listen to it like 3 times. There was SO MUCH going on and although I did call some of it, I did NOT call all of that crap that was going on lol There was no way anyone could. That's why I didn't take anything except for a half star from it. Just wait to read the ending when you binge it all. I'm not kidding. From like Chapter 50 till the end. You won't want to put it down. 
     This was definitely a surprise for me. One that I welcomed whole heartedly. I don't know the last time I read and enjoyed  vampire book. Finding this one made me excited to see what else Wolff has out there. And if it's more vampires, I can't wait.
Overall, I give this

     

Labels: , , , , , , , ,