Beyond the Book: A Midsummer Night's Dream


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

A Midsummer Night's Dream
“Though she be but little, she is fierce!” 
― William ShakespeareA Midsummer Night's Dream

     A Midsummer Night's Dream made the blog today because the theater in my community was putting it on as a play! I haven't read this play or any adaptations since college, so I decided I wanted to see it. Especially since my fraternity brother was playing Duke Theseus. Let's just say, I enjoyed seeing the play wayyyy more than reading it lol It became a lot more fun and so much more funnier that I had trouble believing that it was the same play. 

     One thing I like about this play, is the way it tells the love story. It makes fun of lovers and the way love can turn you into a fool. Or in this case... An ass. (Ten points if you know why!) It was a lot of fun watching the play and laughing, so I decided that I want to go back and maybe read some adaptations of it. Definitely not the actual play, I read for enjoyment lol Shakespeare always made my head hurt. (And that's saying something because I was an English minor lol) So, if you know of any really good adaptations of A Midsummer Night's Dream, let me know what they are. Especially if it really is funny!

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: