Beyond the Book: Featuring Rule by Jay Crownover


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Rule (Marked Men, #1)

"I don’t care what color your hair is, if you’re pale or tan, if you have makeup on or just woke up all I care about is that when I look at you, you always look back and see me.  You’re beautiful inside and out and if you wanted to tattoo all that pretty white skin from head to toe I would be honored to put it there for you but if not I’ll take you all smooth and milky white any chance I get.” 
― Jay CrownoverRule

     Seeing as this contemp doesn't have a bigger issue that I can relate to, it does however have a little something that I can relate to... And that is tattoos! I know my skin isn't exactly what's described in the quotes, but I love it anyways because it's the truth! I myself have 5 tattoos and am looking for one more and my boyfriend loves it. He tells me all the time its all about me being creative. And I'm careful, I don't have one that is anywhere visible, and all of them mean something. 

     Especially this one. It says, "To know is nothing at all; to IMAGINE is everything..." I got it because ever since I was a little girl I have had a bigger imagination  than anyone I've ever known. Which is part of the reason I've been so drawn to reading. It makes it so easy for me to be able to enjoy them when I can use my imagination to "Take Me Away" to where ever the book is. Yeah its in a kind of personal area so I'm not declaring my love for my imagination to the world, but it and my imagination are something that I cherish and I'm glad that I can see it everyday. 
     I have many other tattoos, but this is the only one I wanted to share today as it means something to this blog. Anyone else have a tattoo from a book? Or even just a tattoo like mine that pertains to something bookish? Let me know in the comments! 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 


Labels: