Beyond the Book: Fan Art by Sarah Tregay


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Fan Art
"No more fan art for real people."
pg. 349 (ARC)

     At first I was going to feature some of my favorite fan art for this Beyond the Book, but I saw that Epic Reads did that exact thing, soooo I'm just going to tell y'all some of my favorite sites to go and look at some amazing fan art. Becauseeeee let me tell you, I am in no way creative besides with writing, Drawing or web design just isn't my forte lol So anyways, if you like to look at, create, or even just stalk your favorite characters, you can see some really great fan art at these websites!

1. Tumblr
-Tumblr is a really great website for fan art. I have found so many great drawings, computer graphics, and other things from there. And trust me, there are some really great artists out there. There's also some really great gif's to be found there as well lol 

2. Fanpop:
-This site shows a really wide group of fandoms. From tv shows to books to movies. And the best thing about it,they have not only the entire fandom, but also just certain characters. And on top of that, they allow for other forms of fan art, including fan fiction for people like me!

3. Deviant Art:
- This is another great site that features hundreds of drawings. I use to run a feature on my blog (that I may try to bring back...) called Fan Art Friday, where I featured the artist and their super cool fan art. I used this site to help whatever it was I wanted to feature. 

4. Pinterest:
-This amazing site is used for way more than just finding super useful things lol It can also be used to find super cool fan art! 

There are dozens more sites out there, but those are my favorites! And as a parting gift, here's some fan art from the fandoms I'm a part of.

The Hunger Games 
(This was found on Deviant Art by  daekazu)

Percy Jackson. Getting claimed...  This scene gives me goosebumps.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
(Found on Pinterest from Hannah Tienvieri)



Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer
(Found on Deviant Art from lostie815)

Anyone have any fan art that they love or fandoms they like to see as fan art? Leave me a link! 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book!  

Labels: