Beyond the Book: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it!

Since You've Been Gone
"I sat on my bed, gripping this new list in my hands so tightly, I could see the tips of my fingers turning white.
I wasn't sure what it meant, but it was something. It was form Sloane. Sloane had sent me a list."
Pg. 28 

     Well I think it's obvious what I want to do for this Beyond the Book... I want to make a list for my bookish future self. There's so many things I WANT to do, but am afraid to do. For what reason IDK.


1.  Go to BEA.
     -I could have went this year, but I didn't want to because I didn't have anyone to go with. I did not want to go to NYC all by myself. I'm too small for that lol

2. Read a book series I said I would read FOREVER
     - There are so many I said I would start but still haven't. Some examples are the NewSoul series by Jodi Meadows, the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor, Graceling by Kristin Cashore, the Throne of Glass series, and  the The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter. I think I'm just afraid of the hype. I don't like being the black sheep that doesn't love something when everyone else does.

3. Read the series enders I have been putting off for years!
     -I am deathly afraid of series enders. Why? Because what if that series I loved so much comes to a close and it just.... Well sucks? I don't know how to handle that level of disappointment. Some of the enders I still need to read are: Endlessly by Kiersten White and Boundless by Cynthia Hand.

4. Read the unread books you own
     -If I read all the unread books on my shelves, it would take me a lifetime. I need to take an entire month dedicated to reading just those books I have making piles and dust on my shelves smh I'm afraid of how behind that would put me.

5. Get caught up on my TBR pile. 
     -Pretty sure this one won't be happening any time soon, but it's nice to dream right? I have some books still unread from March smh  Especially since every time I read one book I add five more to my Goodreads account smh

6. Read more books outside your comfort zone. 
     -I really, really, REALLY  want to read other things outside my comfort zone. Like fantasy, historical fiction, and dystopians. I challenged myself to do that this year, but I'm not moving too fast lol I'm just afraid I will rate it too low because I just don't like that genre too much.


So, those are the bookish things I will challenge myself to do!
What would bookish challenges would you give yourself?!

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 


Labels: