National Readathon Day! Make #TimetoRead

Readathon
Click the pic to be directed to the original pic and the original article on their blog! 

     Today is National Readathon Day! Penguin Random House paired with other organizations has decided to use this day as a day where people can set aside a certain time (12pm-4pm) to do nothing but read! They are looking for donations to help fund the education, tutoring, and make sure that people develop and keep a love for reading. As some of you may know, the failing literacy rate is part of the reason I want to become a YA librarian, so this day will mean something very special to me. So because of that, I will be doing more than just the 4 hour readathon and will spend my Saturday right here:

I've made a 24 Hour Readathon for myself to celebrate this new national day! You should participate! If not, you can always use the hashtag #timetoread to keep Penguin Random House updated on your progress! 

Will you be participating in this Readathon?
Where will you be spending today reading?



Labels: