Beyond the Book: The Geeks Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 


"What if we camp out here all night... and still miss out on getting a wristband."
pg. 28 (ARC)

     This is one of the many questions that runs through my mind everytime I attend an author event. I haven't been to many huge ones, but those that I did attend featured those lines where I felt like I was line FOREVER. So, today I'm gonna give y'all some tips on what might make the time in those lines go by a little faster! (These things worked for me, but may not work for everyone....) 

     In the end, these things saved me while waiting in line at TLA, BEA, and RT Teen Day. I'm sure there are more things to add, but these things stuck out to me! If you have anything else to add for me (because I plan to be in many other lines like ALA, TLA, BEA, and more in the future) let me know! I want to use it!!!

Here's a look at some of the lines I've been in!:



 

I missed S.J. Kincaid's Diabolic at TLA, so I HAD to get it at BEA. I made sure I got there early and made it to #2 in line. The other photo is of alot of bloggers in line to get into BEA. We spent that morning singing Disney songs and exchanging business cards! 
 

In this first photo, I wasn't in line for it, but I was waiting on friends that were... That line or 3 Dark Crowns at BEA was nuts. I was glad I was able to sit that one out.... And then there's the line for Heartless at TLA that started forming at 9 a.m. and her signing was at 11:30 a.m.....

 

This first line was for Audrey Coulthurst and her new book Of Fire and Stars. As a diverse reads advocate and book group leader, I NEEDED IT. I knew there would be a lot of people in line for it, so I was prepared for the long line that there was. And lastly, I had The Unexpected Everything while I was waiting to go in at TLA. I had gotten there an hour early so I could book it to the Heartless line, and I needed something to help with the "boredom." But when I pulled this book out, it was so summery and bright it was stopping traffic. People were asking me about it left and right! 

What lines have you waited in for long periods of time? 
Any memories you have?
Any pictures you have? 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 





Labels: ,