Beyond the Book: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

The Start of Me and You

"I am the only person on planet Earth who likes these more than the Thin Mint ones."
29% (e-ARC)

     My original idea for this Beyond the Book was something like a friendship one. Telling about me and my besties in high school and how we were all close in band. Until I stuffed a Lemonade in my mouth and read the above sentence. It was too ironic for me NOT to use this one! 
     If you've read this book (since it's been out for almost a week, I'm hoping you have!) then you know all the reasons I LOVE Max. He's a nerd, he reads, his favorite ice cream flavor is coffee, and most importantly, he stockpiles Girl Scout cookies. A little like someone else I know....... ME. 
     Don't judge the creepy head thing back there lol That's on my boyfriend's desk. (Ten points if you watch sports a little and recognized that it's James Harden... My boyfriend works for the Houston Rockets...) Anyways, as soon as March came around me and the boyfriend started looking for Girl Scouts all over the place. I was beginning to get a little impatient, so I started patroling the internet. And low and behold, I found the website at the same time the boyfriend's boss said his daughter was selling some. I told him to grab some and I would get some from the website in hopes that maybe they might come in sooner. And they did. Right before I got this stack in. So here I am with two boxes of Thin Mints and a bag of Lemonades and then the boyfriend comes home about five days later with this stack. I quickly stuck the Thin Mints in the freezer to try and forget about them. Instead I went to work on the Lemondaes. 
     When I saw the use of Girl Scout cookies in the book, I got sucked more into the book. I connected with the characters already, but the fact that I was actually currently eating them when he "mentioned" them, I laughed so hard. I talked back to the book when I read the above sentence, saying "Heyyy you hush up Max, I happen to be one of the people who likes those Thin Mints." They're my favorite ones. So while Max and Paige stockpile Do si dos, I had my own huge pile of Thin Mints in the freezer just waiting for me. 
     I'm not sure what's in Girl Scout cookies, or why they only want to sell them at certain times of the year, but I do know how amazing they are. Now unfortunately I'm down to one and a half boxes of Thin Mints and I'm desperately trying to order more so I can have some during the rest of the year lol 

Anyone else stockpile Girl Scout cookies? 
Which kind is your favorite? 
What kinds do they have near you? 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: