TTT: Characters I'd Like to Check in With Now! (Character Freebie!)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Check in With Now!
(Character Freebie!)


The Best LiesWith the Fire on High

1. Remy from The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu: Remy went through some things at the end of this book and I would really like to know how she's doing like a year or two from now. I would hope that she's started talking to someone about all that she experiences and stopped being in that toxic friendship. 

2. Emoni from With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo: I really just want to check on Baby Girl and see how things are going with Emoni and school and if she's become the outstanding chef I know she'd be. She had to grow up fast and I know it was hard for her to do it, but she did. I hope she accomplished all that she wanted to. 

Past Perfect LifeThe Kingdom

3. Allison Smith from Past Perfect Life by Elizabeth Eulberg: I had a hard time liking anyone in this family because everyone seemed to be trying to yell louder than the other and no one was listening. And when they finally started hearing each other, it was with 5 pages left in the book. But once it did, I got more and more interested in how they would be now. Like once they worked out the dynamic, how did things start going for them. Did that one person and her have a better relationship? Did she finally see that the person she looked up to was still bad? I have so many questions! 

4. Ana from The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg: Did that person and you stay hidden? Did you have to do the "act" again? Did anyone ever find out? Did anyone ever catch on? Did anyone else come after you? How did things go once the scientists finished what they were planning? I have so many questions and I wish there was a book 2 to give me those answers!


Rayne & Delilah's Midnite MatineeThe Black Coats

5. Josie & Delia from Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee by Jeff Zentner: I really need to know if Josie made it to TV and if Delia and her dad ever spoke again and how the show is going now. This is probably cheating because Zentner usually gives us small updates in his books, but I included it anyways lol 

6. Everyone from The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes: Listen that epilogue blew me out the water and I wasn't sure if that meant a sequel or if it was just going to make me crazy, but I really wanted to know what happened and how everything after that ending turned out. I wasn't ready for it to be over!

On the Come UpDry

7. Bri from On the Come Up by Angie Thomas: I mean obviously I have to know how her rap career is going. I know its inevitable she gets a GOOD deal!

8. Alyssa from Dry by Neal & Jarrod Shusterman: I really enjoyed this and I really liked the ending, but I'm super interested in what happened after the Tap Out. Like did it happen again? Did they all learn from their mistakes? Did they start keeping more water on hand?

What If It's UsEmergency Contact

9. Ben & Arthur from What If It's Us by Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli: Obvs, did they ever get back together? Did he ever publish his book? Write another one? 

10. Penny & Sam from Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi: I really loved the slow burn of the book, but I also really wanted them to be together more. I even said in my review I wish there was an epilogue or a couple more chapters of them just being together. Just to give them a little more cute time! 

What characters would you like to check in with?
Any of these that you think would be doing good?
Any that you think would be doing bad or struggling?
Let me know in the comments! 

Labels: