TTT: Top 10 Books You'd Mash Together!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books You'd Mash Together!

Starry Eyes   +    The Other Side of Lost

1. Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett + The Other Side of Lost by Jessi Kirby= A  really, REALLY emotional book about camping and hiking. I feel like it Zorie and Lennon could've definitely met Mari along the way. Although they might have been super ready to finish with some alone time, but they still would've been happy to have her along the way!

The Brightsiders   +   Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2)

2. The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde + Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli= A really cool book that I can definitely see them meeting at a Battle of the Bands and then becoming friends afterwards!

The Wicked Deep   +   Bruja Born (Brooklyn Brujas, #2)

3. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw + Bruja Born by Zoraida Cordova= A really bewitching book that sounds super cool! Both MC's were fighting for something they believed strongly about and both of them finally became super strong in the end. 

Royals   +   Prince in Disguise

4. Royals by Rachel Hawkins + Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm= A super funny, adorable story about love and royalty. And the laughs would NEVER stop! I'm sure Dylan and Daisy would be besties who meet regularly to talk about their big sisters and how they feel about the gross people in the media continuously being in their business. 

The Hate U Give   +    Ghost Boys

5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas + Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes = A book that will be sure to bring me to tears. Although this is a middle grade book and a YA book, the topics are similar enough to want to bring the two together. I'm sure with everything that Starr was going through and being a budding activist, she would come across who Emmett Till was. It would be really sad to see Khalil, Jerome, and Emmett as ghosts, but it would be an awesome story. 

Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)   +   The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

6. Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi + The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan = I'm not sure this counts because they are two different types of mythology, but they are also under the same publishing imprint lol But still I think it'd be interesting to see Percy and Aru find each other in some way. It'd be more likely that they'd meet under the same terms that *SPOILER* Percy and Annabeth ended up in the Magnus Chase story.*END SPOILER* Maybe Aru could be fighting a monster and just randomly run into someone eating a blue donut or a blue cookie. You just never know!

Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)   +   Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons, #3)

7. Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu + Catwoman: Soul Stealer by Sarah J. Maas = I have to admit, my feelings were a bit hurt when I heard that they weren't going to put all the books in the DC Icons series together in some way. Especially the most obvious ones, Batman and Catwoman. But then again, I was just thankful that we got them at all. It was Especially by the bad ass authors that we chosen. But this one had to have been the most obvious choice for me to want to mash together. Even if I haven't met Selina yet. Either way, I'm sure she will cross paths with Bruce Wayne sometime in that book! (Side note: My feelings were also a little hurt when I found out she was going to name the MC Selina and not Patience. I was super excited to finally see it in print. But yeah, FAIL.)

 Sky in the Deep   +   Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)

8. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young + Wonder Woman: Warbringer = A kick ass book with some bad ass women who can kick you butt! Although Eelyn wasn't my favorite character, I can still see her fitting right in with her Diana and her Island of Amazons. I would keep the back story of Princess Diana and move Eelyn to the Amazonian island and she and Diana could be cousins or something. I would also keep the brutality from Eelyn's story as well. Hey, I never said I changed at all lol 

Lucky in Love   +   Windfall

9. Lucky in Love by Kasie West + Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith: Although I was not a really a huge fan of either Maddie OR Alice, but I figure if you mash the two of these books together, it would make them see so much of each other in themselves that they would change how they were acting. (Does that make sense?) I wanted to shake the both of them because they were letting people take advantage of their win and hopefully putting them together would force them to recognize that the way people were treating them wasn't fair. 

Bad Romance   +   Always Forever Maybe

10. Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios + Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi = See explanation #9 but replace taking advantage of their win with just being horrible people to them when they're supposed to be in a relationship. However, I actually really liked Grace and Betts. 

What do you think about these mash-ups? 
Do you think any of them could actually work?
Do you NOT agree with any of them?

Labels: